Jivamukti is a physical, ethical, and spiritual practice, combining a vigorous hatha yoga, vinyasa-based physical style with adherence to five central tenets: shastra (scripture), bhakti (devotion), ahimsa (nonviolence, non-harming), nāda (music), and dhyana (meditation).
Jonni-Lyn is an experienced Teacher who offers 200 hour Toga Teacher Training's, Pre-and Post Natal Training's, Mom and Baby Training's, Bhagavad Gita workshops and Jivamukti workshops.
As an experienced teacher, Jonni-Lyn has had a profound deepening of both her practice and teaching by having the grace to be mentored. She has mentored students the past few years and finds this process incredibly rewarding. Watching them grow as teachers and human beings has been a great gift to watch and be a part of. Yoga deepening courses are offered for those students who would like to deepen their understanding of the spiritual and physical practice of Yoga, without attending a Teachers Training.
Yoga is remembering how to find the perfection in everything. Even in you.It is the process of coming home. To who you are in your deepest self. It is the art of remembering all that you have forgotten along the way in your life.It is the remembering of your quiet self, your peaceful self, your beautiful,perfect and funny self.
It is the act of shedding illusions, of who we think we are, who we think we should be and instead discovering who we are. That quiet place within you that never changes, we give it space and begin to listen. With practice, we begin to live from this place.
It is my passion to teach people how to be healthier,happier and more peaceful through Jivamukti Yoga and Meditation.
I am a Jiva. I am “ a soul” seeking liberation
About Jivamukti Yoga
Jivamukti Yoga, developed by Sharon Gannon and David Life in 1984, offers the contemporary yogi a creative approach to living in the world today. Grounded in the ancient scriptures and ethical practices of yoga, Jivamukti, a Sanskrit word which means “living liberated,” is a practical philosophy that teaches how spiritual values can help us work with the challenges of everyday life with more joy, compassion and positive effectiveness.
Jivamukti Yoga offers vigorously physical and intellectually stimulating yoga classes. Classes include Vinyasa (flowing asana sequences), hands-on adjustments, Pranayama (breathing exercises), meditation, Sanskrit chanting, Yogic philosophical teachings and deep relaxation.
Other Yoga resources :
● Ahimsa (nonviolence and compassion towards all beings—by being kind to others you create an atmosphere of peace within and around yourself which extends into the greater world)
● Bhakti (devotion—offering everything you do to something greater than your ego/small self— acknowledgment that Self or God realization is the goal of all yoga practices)
● Dhyana (meditation—connecting to that unchanging reality of eternal joy within)
● Nada (through sacred music and sonic techniques learn how to enhance the development of a sound body and mind through deep listening)
● Shastra (the study of Sanskrit scriptures and how they apply to the here and now) The Jivamukti Yoga Method is taught at Jivamukti Yoga centers and affiliated schools around the world. The Jivamukti method of Yoga is one of the nine internationally recognized styles of Hatha Yoga. The other eight being: Ashtanga, Iyengar, Viniyoga, Sivananda, Integral, Bikram, Kripalu, and Kundalini.
Subscribe for the newsletter
Sign up here to receive the newsletter and lots of love!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.